Seven Spiritual Laws of Success in Action
One of the books that made a huge impact in my life was the Seven Spiritual Laws of Success by Deepak Chopra. At a time when I was looking to re-define the concept of "success" in my life and re-evaluating my career, this book helped ground my introspection into a tangible review.
Many years later, I adapted his principles into a design for living that I use to this date.
1. Law of Possibility - Anything is possible and everything is possible. All that is possible is waiting for someone or something to ignite the universal force of creation which lies within. I look for what it is in me that is waiting to be born and how I might open myself to its birth. I also look for ways to help others understand that anything is possible for them, too.
2. Law of Reciprocity - What I give, I will receive in blessings ten-fold. I open myself up to blessings by giving to others. Each week, I spend 5 to 10 hours working with women who are getting their lives back in order after many years of drug and alcohol addiction. It is the highlight of my life, and the blessings I receive are more than I could have ever imagined.
3. Law of Karma - In living a good life, I don't have anything to be ashamed of, or to make up for. I keep my life as clean as possible, as to stay in my personal integrity. When I do something that damaged someone else, I know that I am creating more damage for myself, either in this life or the next.
4. Law of Ease - For years, I learned lessons the hard way. At times, I thought I "couldn't get a break" but I soon realized that, in an unconscious state of living, I needed to learn the hard lessons, so I could learn lessons at all. When I started praying for "grace and ease" in my life, the doors seemed to open up for me in ways that I couldn't yet grasp. Now, I know when I am pushing too hard, it's time to stop, ask for direction from the Universal Knowing, and then watch my law unfold.
5. Law of Focus - Because all life is energy, when I focus on that which I desire, the energetic fields meet and the Law of Possibility is sparked by the Law of Focus. It is my energy and desire that open me up to all that is, all that I am, and all I am to contribute.
6. Law of Humility - When I start to think that I know what SHOULD be, it is the moment I cut myself off from what COULD be. Once I begin to act on the SHOULDs of what I think, do I run into brick walls. Maybe this isn't the right time, maybe someone will be my partner, maybe it is just a thought. Once I release my attachment to the outcome, I begin to see how my life is being used for the benefit of mankind.
7. Law of Purpose - In the LifePath Unlimited Discovery Product that I sell, one of the segments in on "purpose." I was surprised what came forward - working with seniors as they come to peace with their lives and make their transition from this planet. That isn't what I expected, but because it was so clear and strong, I know that it is the direction I need to go. Whether or not this will be the only thing I will contribute in my lifetime, will be left to see. But, for now, it is the direction I am heading in, so that my true purpose can be revealed, or confirmed.
Today, my life in on target and I feel more "successful" than ever. There are many things that look very different in my life and may not be seen as forward movement, but I know in the depths of my heart that my life is more blessed than ever before by practicing these principles in every area of my life. Thank you, Dr. Chopra!
By Kelly Proto, MA
Kelly Proto is an authorized representative with LifePath Unlimited, a direct sales company offering an exclusive line of personal and prosperity development products. To find out more about through LifePath or share you experiences of universal "success", please visit Kelly's website at http://www.YourHomeBizIsHere.com or call (303) 683-2446.